This week 'In Conversation': What are you reading this summer?
Book lovers share their picks for this year's hot summer reads.
School's out, pools are open, and you might be wondering which novel or biography to grab on your way to the park. We've got you covered!
This week on "In Conversation," guests from the Louisville Free Public Library and Carmichael’s Bookstore helped us make the perfect summer reading list. We got philosophical about what makes a book great for summer. And we asked some young readers what they're excited to page through before school's back in.
Here's a list of all the books mentioned in the episode:
- “Swim Team” by Johnnie Christmas
- “Fly” by Brittany Thurman
- “The Eyes & the Impossible” by Dave Eggars
- “The Clockwork Crow” by Catherine Fisher*
- “The Mayor of Casterbridge” by Thomas Hardy
- “Pandora’s Jar” by Natalie Haynes
- “The Feast” by Margaret Kennedy
- “The Oppermanns” by Lion Feuchtwanger
- “The Weight of Blood” by Tiffany D. Jackson
- “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald*
- “The Joy Luck Club” by Amy Tan*
- “The Chosen and the Beautiful” by Nghi Vo
- “The Wager” by David Grann
- “Deep as the Sky, Red as the Sea” by Rita Chang-Eppig
- “Transcendent Kingdom” by Yaa Gyasi
- “Girl, Woman, Other” by Bernadine Evaristo
- “Patricia Wants to Cuddle” by Samantha Allen
- “The Honeys” by Ryan La Sala
- “A Fever in the Heartland” by Timothy Egan
- The Whole Nother Story Series by Dr. Cuthbert Soup
- “This Thing Between Us” by Gus Moreno
- “I’m Thinking of Ending Things” by Iain Reid
- “Jurassic Park” by Michael Crichton*
- “The Hobbit” by J.R.R. Tolkien*
- “The Little Wooden Robot and the Log Princess” by Tom Gauld
- “Silver Nitrate” by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- “Ink Blood Sister Scribe” by Emma Törzs
- “The Wishing Game” by Meg Shaffer
* Recommended by a young reader we spoke with at the Northeast Regional branch of the Louisville Free Public Library
This episode was made possible in part by the Jewish Heritage Fund.