UPDATE: More musical acts announced for the 20th season of Waterfront Wednesday
More music and musicians have joined the lineup for this year’s Waterfront Wednesday series.
The 20th anniversary season runs through September, with free concerts on the final Wednesday of each month on the Big Four Lawn.
“We’re super excited for the season, and to join our friends and community of music lovers at the waterfront!” WFPK program director Stacy Owen said in a news release.
Waterfront Park president and executive director Deborah Bilitski said the concert series is “one of the longest-running events” at the park.
“It’s such a great example of what makes events at the park special – it’s inclusive, it’s celebratory, and it’s just so much fun,” Bilitski said in the release.
Music begins at 6 p.m., and attendees can start arriving as early as 5 p.m.
Here’s the full lineup:
- April 27: Nappy Roots, Neal Frances and Kiana & the Sun Kings
- May 25: Maggie Rose, Boa Boys and Phourist & the Photons
- June 29: War, Bendigo Fletcher and Wombo
- July 27: Moon Taxi (newly added), Sarah Shook & the Disarmers and Routine Caffeine
- Aug. 31: Joan Osborne (newly added), Seratones, Mark Charles
- Sept. 28: Yonder Mountain String Band, Hot Brown Smackdown and Houseplant
Disclosure: 91.9 WFPK is presenting the concert series. It’s one of three stations, including 89.3 WFPL, that make up Louisville Public Media.
This story was updated to include more information about musical acts.