NEA announces grants supporting arts in Kentucky, Indiana
The National Endowment for the Arts announced grant recipients nationwide following their second round of grants awarded – including 10 grants each for Kentucky and Indiana.
Kentucky received $1.2 million total, according to the grant report. Indiana received $1.35 million.
The NEA is the largest funder of the arts and arts education in communities nationwide. The agency distributes grants in three categories: arts projects, our town, and state and regional partnerships. More than 1,100 grants for arts projects were approved for funding in this round, totaling more than $31 million according to an NEA press release.
Our town projects advance local economic, physical, or social outcomes in various communities, according to the press release. Fifty-seven projects in this category got a total of $4,175,000.
In the state and regional partners category, $67.9 million was awarded.
There are upcoming opportunities for other organizations to apply for grants. The next deadline for organizations interested in applying for grants for arts projects is July 6. The next deadline for our town is Aug. 3.
NEA grants for Kentucky:
- Partners for Rural Impact, Inc., Berea, Ky. - $40,000
- Art Center of the Bluegrass Inc., Danville, Ky. - $10,000
- Danville Library Inc., Danville, Ky. - $10,000
- City of Frankfort, Kentucky - $50,000
- Design Council, Frankfort, Ky. - $964,000
- Allegro Dance Project, Inc., Lexington, Ky. - $12,000
- Carnegie Literacy Center, Inc. (aka Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning), Lexington, Ky. - $25,000
- LexArts, Lexington, Ky. - $60,000
- Paducah Symphony Orchestra, Inc. (aka PSO), Paducah, Ky. - $10,000
- Appalshop, Inc. (on behalf of Appalachian Media Institute), Whitesburg, Ky. - $20,000
NEA grants for Indiana:
- American Cello Institute, Inc., Bloomington, Ind. - $17,500
- American Folklore Society, Inc. (aka AFS), Bloomington, Ind. - $40,000
- Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., Carmel, Ind. - $12,000
- American Cabaret Theatre, Inc. (aka The Cabaret), Indianapolis, Ind. - $15,000
- Artmix Inc., Indianapolis, Ind. - $30,000
- Flanner House of Indianapolis, Inc. - $75,000
- Indianapolis Shakespeare Company, Inc. - $20,000
- Arts Place, Inc., Portland, Ind. - $75,000