WFPK Mental Health Day is this Wednesday!
Wednesday, September 7th, is another WFPK Mental Health Day! Listen to an entire day of requests from 6 am till 6 pm. Call 502-814-WFPK (9375) and ask for a song that lifts you up, gives you hope or helps you cope! You can also email a request to email@example.com, record your request as a voice memo on your phone. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you might just hear it on the air!
We've got some special guests joining us!
11:00 am - John Timmons speaks to Chase Blaser of Seven Counties Ambassador Council, about the Semi;Colon event taking place Thursday, September 7th.
2:00 pm - Australian singer/songwriter, Wesley Dean joins Otis to play a few songs live and talk about how he managed his mental health during his recent transition to Nashville.
CCLOU is proud to sponsor WFPK Mental Health Day!
RESOURCES FOR YOU, FAMILY AND FRIENDS National Suicide & Crisis Lifeline - Call or text 9-8-8 Louisville Suicide Prevention Lifeline - Text LOU to 741741 American Foundation for Suicide Prevention page on Mental Health during COVID-19 Kentucky chapter of American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Seven Counties Services: Adult Crisis Line 502-589-5313
Seven Counties Services: Child Crisis Line 502-589-8070
Mental Health Lou
The Veterans Crisis and Military Crisis Line - 1-800-273-8255 Press 1
Crisis Text Line (free text message service) - 741-741
Kentucky Nurses Association:Kentucky Nurses Helping Nurses 1-877-358-0420
- What is Systematic Racism? - an easy-to-understand video series
- Educational Resources via Black Lives Matter
- Talking About Race - National Museum of African American History
- History of Racist US Laws and their effects throughout American history
- The Road Not Taken - Housing and Criminal Justice 50 Years After the Kerner Commission Report
- Social Exclusion: The Decisions and Dynamics that Drive Racism