Louisville Music Awards February 10th!
91.9 WFPK Independent Louisville is proud to present the Louisville Music Awards. The LMAs will be held on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. at the Bomhard Theater in the Kentucky Center as a celebration of Louisville’s diverse music community. This year’s event will be co-produced by musician and 90.5 WUOL Music Education Manager Jecorey “1200” Arthur and 91.9 WFPK Program Director Stacy Owen. 89.3 WFPL host Jean West will emcee!
Backed by the Louisville Public Media All-Star Band, this year’s LMAs present an evening of live, never-before-seen music collaborations and special performances highlighting honorees. The backing band features Jecorey “1200” Arthur, Meg Samples (Bridge 19, The Deloreans), Kojin Tashiro (Free Soul Effect), Stephen George (LPM President), Aaron Bibelhauser (Relic), Dick Sisto and special guests Otis Junior, Shadwick Wilde (Quiet Hollers), Tyrone Cotton, Ben Sollee and JD Green (Afrophysicists). Purchase Tickets!
Support for the Louisville Music Awards comes from Bulleit Frontier Whiskey.
Here are this year's h onorees. Full press release here.
- Advocate Award goes to the University of Louisville Underground Music Archive (LUMA) (Heather Fox, Carrie Daniels, Elizabeth Reilly). The award recognizes someone who champions Louisville music by supporting live events, recordings and more.
- Collaboration Award goes to Kentucky Refugee Ministries Live (KRM Live). The award honors a Louisville collaboration that occurred in 2018.
- Youth Award goes to Girls Rock Louisville. The award honors a nonprofit Louisville youth organization showing quality impact through music education.
- Legacy Award goes to Jerry Green, Melody Welsh-Buchholz and Ed "Nardie" White. The award honors a Louisville musician, teacher or composer considered to have a legendary body of work.
- Emerging Award goes to Bblasian, a young Louisville native sharing his story of struggle and redemption through Rap and Hip Hop. (This award was determined by public vote at Do502.com)
The Advocate, Collaboration, Youth and Legacy Awards were chosen by a volunteer committee that includes the following:
- Cheyenne Mize, Wishing-Well Music
- Syd Bishop, LEO Weekly
- Ramona Lindsey, Community Foundation of Louisville
- Christa Iwu, Fund for the Arts
- Teddy Abrams, Louisville Orchestra
- Jeffrey Lee Puckett, Courier Journal
Tickets are on sale at KentuckyCenter.org and are $10 in advance, $15 the day of the show. VIP tickets are $25 and include a reception at 6 p.m. to mix and mingle with the honorees before the show and early admission seating at 6:45 p.m. General admission will be at 7 p.m. and the event begins at 7:30 p.m.