How Many Students Showed Up Friday at Your Child's JCPS School
Attendance at Jefferson County Public Schools plummeted Friday, the result of a "vague" threat called in to Louisville Metro Police the day before.
In the afternoon, JCPS revised the attendance figure to 45.5 percent for Friday — slightly worse than the 46.4 percent reported earlier in the day. The daily attendance rate for December was 93.6 percent.
Schools were on heightened security for the day because of the threat. Superintendent Donna Hargens said the absences amount to lost time with students and could affect learning.
JCPS has provided attendance rates for is schools on Friday. Excluding alternative schools, the schools with the lowest attendance rates were:
- Slaughter Elementary 25.29%
- Knight Middle School 27.10%
- Valley High School 27.43%
- Watson Lane Elementary 27.75%
- Stuart Middle 28.12%
The JCPS schools with the highest attendance rates were:
- Atherton High School 74.52%
- Cane Run Elementary 73.25%
- Greathouse Shryock Traditional 71.45%
- duPont Manual High 69.74%
- Brown School 69.32%
You can search for the attendance rates of other JCPS schools here:
[table id=5 /]