HomeGrown 05/04/08 - Gourds & Metro Farm Markets
Building the better gourd – and the better farmer’s market – are the well-grounded subjects on HomeGrown this week.
Judy Fleming, president of the North Carolina Gourd Society, explains the long history of that colorful crop, and some of the crafty things that artists do with it. Food writer Sarah Fritschner discusses the vibrant farm market scene in Kentuckiana, and why it matters.
Find out more:
- American Gourd Society
- Kentucky Gourd Society (and 2008 Festival)
- Gourd galleries
- North Carolina Gourd Society
- Jefferson County farm markets
- Farm markets in other KY counties
- Farmers markets blossoming in Indiana