Listen to WFPL's Community Conversation on Kentucky's Heroin Crisis
The discussion covered the legislation recently passed by the Kentucky General Assembly to address the problem, the growing HIV epidemic among needle sharing drug users in southern Indiana, and differences of opinion on treatment approaches.
The panelists for the discussion included:
- Louisville Metro Corrections Director Mark Bolton
- Karyn Hascal, president of The Healing Place
- Volunteers of America Kentucky President Jennifer Hancock
- WFPL Statehouse Bureau Chief Ryland Barton
- WFPL Community Health Reporter Ja’Nel Johnson
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/201252584" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
The event was part of The Next Louisville: Community Health initiative, a partnership between WFPL News, the Community Foundation of Louisville and the Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky.