© 2023 Louisville Public Media

Public Files:
89.3 WFPL · 90.5 WUOL-FM · 91.9 WFPK

For assistance accessing our public files, please contact info@lpm.org or call 502-814-6500
89.3 WFPL News | 90.5 WUOL Classical 91.9 WFPK Music | KyCIR Investigations
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations

Three Dead From CO Exposure, City Stresses Generator Safety

A West Louisville family of three is dead following suspected carbon monoxide exposure. The family did not have power and was running a generator in their garage.EMS Director Neal Richmond says carbon monoxide poisoning can come from even slight exposure to generators near windows or in sealed areas.“Someone has a generator either out in the garage or in a mud room or something and they go out there to refuel it very briefly and the next thing they’re either very symptomatic, very sick, or in this case they happen to be dead," says Richmond.Metro Government is planning to distribute fliers through retailers and letter-carries alerting residents to the dangers of improper generator use.

Gabe Bullard is the director of news and editorial strategy.