Monday, January 12, 2009
Sadness, impulsiveness, lethargy, racing thoughts, fatigue, grandiose thinking, self criticism, exhilaration, fatigue. These apparent opposites are actually all symptoms of the same mental health problem: Bipolar Disorder. The affliction, once called manic depression, affects 5.7 million American adults, and recent studies suggest a similar prevalence among youth. Join us this Monday to learn more about the causes and treatment of Bipolar Disorder, and where to turn if it affects you or a loved one. This show is from our archives, so we won't be taking calls.
- National Institute of Mental Health: Bipolar Disorder
- Questions & Answers about Bipolar Disorder
- Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance
- Misdiagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Treatment Options