HomeGrown 06/08/08 - Vines & Summer Squash
Designing with vines and growing and selling heirloom squash seeds are the entwined subjects on HomeGrown this week.
Garden designer Paula Refi has the story on the many annual, perennial and deciduous vines for the yard, and how to choose the right vine for your site. Jere Gettle of Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds in Missouri talks about heirloom seed saving, and offers two dozen summer squash varieties for discussion.
Find out more:
- Paula Refi’s “Designing With Vines” article
- The American Gardener magazine
- Paula Refi article on prolonging the season
- Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
- Jere Gettle’s heirloom photo gallery
- Bakersville, the Pioneer Town
- Summer squash recipes at Epicurious
- Seed Savers Exchange