Laura Shine's Top 10 Favorite Albums of 2007
These albums are my favorites of the year. I'm not saying they are the "best" but they are pretty darn great in my humble opinion. They are:
10. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings- 100 Days, 100 Nights - contempory Detroit soul that sounds like it was made in the 1960's. Love that retro sound.
9. Seawolf - Leaves In The River - Alex Church who is Seawolf has put together a brilliant and gorgeous record.
8. Brandi Carlile- The Story - Bursting with talent and a killer voice she is someone to watch out for.
7. Patty Griffin - Children Running Through - Another beautiful record from one of my favorite songwriters. The slower cuts on this album tear me apart. Obviously, I enjoy pain!
6. Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog - Every single song has a different texture and feel. I love it.
5. The National - Boxer - Edgy and melodic, dark and beautiful.
4. Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger - He's a great songwriter although I don't think I appreciated that fact until this album which is filled with one great tune after another.
3. Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand - I love the novelty of these two singing together and it working so damn well. I love the songs they chose to record too. I love producer T-Bone Burnett. What more can you ask for?
2. Jason Isbell - Sirens of The Ditch - This album hit me up sideways and out of nowhere unexpectedly becoming one of my favorites of the year. From start to finish it's superb.
1. Joan Osborne - Breakfast In Bed - I have never picked a covers' album as a favorite but Joan pays such excellent tribute to these versions of classic soul favorites by the greats such as Gladys Knight, Bill Withers and others I couldn't stop playing it over and over again this year. It is my number one favorite of the year.
Have a Happy New Year and thanks for listening! Laura